Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Rome

Rome was fantastic! Especially after being in Morocco where things are just a little bit CRAZY! I had been to Italy before, doing Florence and Beloved Venice, but for some reason, Rome had never hit the list! But, someone recommended Rome to me and I absolutely loved it. It was just mind boggling to me to see all those ancient ruins in such glory. They are massive, well restored and everywhere. I couldn't believe we were just on a bus from the airport to the the subway and passed by ruins next to apartment buildings. You'd be walking down a street and see a site in the ground that they'd stopped building on because it was full of ruins when they went to develop it. The only thing I regret about Rome was that we didn't get there sooner or have one more day. There was just so much to see and do and I was blown away. Bry and I did these night walks both nights by all the old squares with old churches and fun fountains. We found this great gelato place and were "in love" with it. We stayed w/ a host apartment here and it was awesome. We only paid like $50 a night and it was super cute apartment, had breakfast and she was super nice. We didn't see her much, but she was generous and polite. Anyway we missed the Pantheon by an hour, I was so bummed and then we were there on a Sunday so we spent a couple hours finding the LDS church and going to it. That was cool, and then went toe the Colosseum which blew us away. Rome is one of my top picks for Europe-- Love it. I also have to say going in October was superb as I hear it gets way hot in the summer.

0 comments: